Training tailored to your needs
Are you looking to further your knowledge of Holstein breeding? The team of advisors at Holstein Québec offers a number of different seminars and practical workshops. Both 3- and 5-hour sessions can be provided for individuals as well as for clubs or groups of breeders or students.
Training Provided by the Advisory Service
Contact Holstein Québec or your advisor to organize a training session designed to meet your needs.
Genetic Improvement – How to Make it Happen
This training session covers the importance of breeding goals, cow and cow family selection, sire selection, and genomics.
Dairy Shows – How to Get Ready
This session provides practical training relating to dairy shows: feeding, washing, clipping, showmanship, putting together an exhibit, show routines, and on-farm preparation.
Academic and practical workshops on genealogy, sire selection, milk recording, classification, embryo transfers, etc.
- Influential cow families and bulls
- Understanding a pedigree
- Update on embryo transfers
- Tools to increase your profitability
- Polled gene: a trend, a tool, a market
How to Succeed in Marketing
This training session covers a range of topics: selection, buying and selling animals, selling embryos, advertising and marketing, American markets, etc.
- Distinguishing oneself from the competition
- Genomics: an additional tool within our reach
- Marketing our genetics
- Looking for something? You’ll find it on the Internet!
- Demystifying American proofs
This course provides an explanation of the criteria for awards such as Master Breeder shields, Star Brood and Superior Production certificates as well as Super 3, Longtime, and Canadian Champions awards.
Genetic Selection in Open Housing
This training session presents a survey of the tools you need to improve production in your herd as well as the best genetic options for free-stall operations.
Zoetis Training Courses
Holstein Québec’s partners also offer a range of training sessions that are complementary to those provided by the Association. Contact these companies directly to find out if their training sessions are offered in English.
- Udder Health and Milk Quality (1 hour)
- Impact of the Dry-Off Period on Bovine Mastitis (40 minutes)
- Bovine Mastitis: Clinical Aspect (40 minutes)
- A Good Start
- Treating Bovine Mastitis
Genomics (1 hour):
- Clarifide, a Herd Management Tool
Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) (1 hour)
Vaccination in Cattle Production (1 hour)
Bovine Leptospirosis (30 minutes)
CIAQ Training Courses
- Heatime, 25 slides max. (20 minutes)
- Immunity+, 20 slides (15-20 minutes)
- Genomics: Impact and Evolution since 2009, 25 slides(30 minutes)
- Health and Genetics Selection, 30 slides (35-40 minutes)
- Semen Fertility, 10-12 slides (10 minutes)
La Coop Training Courses
- Heifer Rearing
- $/KG Fat Margin
- Robotic Milking
- 5.Bunker Management
- Cow Comfort in Free Stalls
- Forage Quality
Vétoquinol Training Courses
- On-Farm Washing and Disinfection
- Fly Control
- Rodent Control
- ABCs of Bovine Reproduction
- Calf Rehydration
Holstein Canada Training Sessions
Classification: a valuable service with a high return! Learn to evaluate your animals so you can invest in the most durable and profitable cows. Classification will help you identify the breeding traits appropriate to your goals and select the best cows to develop your herd.
- Optimize mating
- Genetic Improvement
- Predict First-Lactation Milk Yield, Longevity and Lifetime Production
- Classify for Greater Profitability
Bilingual Extension & Education Specialist
Bilingual Executive assistant
Here are the 2 carrier opportunities: Bilingual administrative support and bilingual scheduling Coordinator
The Annual General Meeting was held during the Holstein Québec Convention on February 1st at the Universel Hotel in Rivièr